Tuesday, 10 July 2012

Back again!

Ahhh... my poor neglected blog! I had such high hopes for it this time around! Unfortunately, life gets in the way and Max is a handful! I'm going to attempt to get caught up in the next few weeks. The hubby B is currently on a 6-month deployment, hence why I've been too busy to write! However, Max is now 8 months old and is able to play on his own for longer and longer stretches without having to give him my undivided attention. Unfortunately, he's also at the almost-crawling age so soon I'll be running after him!

Since B deployed, we've been trying to keep busy and fill up as much time as possible, especially to break up my days. Fortunately for us, Cambridgeshire has some awesome children's centres. We attend play groups both at the Poppies Children's Centre in Brampton (which is walkable from my house!) as well as the Daffodil Children's Centre in Godmanchester. We were even able to take a free 5-week baby massage course in Godmanchester!


To get back into shape after having Max, I have also been taking him along to Buggy Bootcamp. Lindsay is an awesome trainer, pushing me when I need it but also taking care that I avoid injury. Since I can't exactly drag Max to the gym on base, this is the next best thing. Plus, I've always liked group classes because I'm really competitive!



I used to attend it twice a week: in St Neots on Monday morning and at the Offords on Fri morning. Unfortunately the moms who used to take the class on Fri have all gone back to work, so I'm only attending it once a week at Hinchingbrooke Park on Mondays. At least I can walk to the park so it feels like I'm getting just a bit more of a workout!

I'm hoping the weather improves and we get a real summer in England, so that I can take more walks with Max. I'm still a bit chicken and when it drizzles a bit, I don't leave the house! Less than 2 months to go before we head back to the US, so there's always that to look forward to for some sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment