UPDATE: Apparently, blogging about being lazy lit a fire under my ass and I cleaned the bathrooms today! Still haven't started studying for my driving theory test though... 1 down, 1 to go right? I guess cleaning > studying! HAHA
I've only been out of work for a week and it seems like FOREVER already! *sigh* I have a million things to do still, but I think because I don't have a specific deadline, it's not getting done! For example, I need to clean the bathrooms. Back when I was working, I'd think, 'Oh no! It's Sunday and I haven't cleaned the bathrooms yet! If I don't do them now, I won't get around to it during the week!' Now, I don't have that excuse and yet they go uncleaned because I think, 'There's always tomorrow'... I guess my nesting instincts are being overrun by laziness and procrastination! LOL
My fabulous friend Holly threw me a baby shower last Sunday and it was amazing! She fused an English Tea Party with an American Baby Shower (I say American because they don't usually do baby showers here, although apparently they're becoming a lot more popular). The food was great, especially the cupcakes and chocolate-covered strawberries! My American friend Melissa was kind enough to drive me down to London along with another friend - the trains were down due to a fire so there would've been no other way for me to get there! The baby shower made me a lot less homesick and it was great to catch up with a lot of different people. One of the best things is that the people who made it were from all different aspects of my social life and they didn't necessarily know each other - so big props to them for coming out anyway! A special thank you again for the presents!
In other news, I had my 2nd driving lesson since I restarted them last week. Before then, I hadn't taken a driving lesson since my first blog entry back in April! I was a bit rusty and last week, I got told off for driving too quickly and not taking enough care during my turns! I guess I reverted back to my Cali driving roots! This time around, I was still rushing a bit but I was told that I improved a lot! Woohoo! Coincidentally, I met another Californian named Christine, who went to UCSD, married an Englishman, and is now living on base! What are the chances??? I've got a good 4 years on her though... (how did I go from being the youngest person in the wives Bunco group to the veteran??? haha) Anyway, she told me that I just have to think about driving like my grandfather... e.g. SUPER SLOW! I guess that's good advice. I finally booked my driving theory test (again, I work better with deadlines!). I have exactly a week and I have cracked open the Highway Code exactly 0 times! LOL My procrastination again... But I will get around to it! I have the book and some DVDs/computer software to help me along. I'm more worried about the Hazard Perception part than the actual theory test itself...
Tomorrow there's a 5-year reunion with some people I went to King's with... I can't believe it's been 5 years since I finished my Masters! I missed my 10-year high school reunion because it was so far away and the flights were too expensive, but since this reunion is in London, I thought I'd make the trip. It'll at least get me out of the house!

No comments:
Post a Comment