It doesn't seem that long ago since my last Bump Watch Update, but it's been 3 weeks and I'm now at 37 weeks, which is considered 'full term'. Not sure exactly why your due date is measured at 40 weeks, but anywhere from 37-42 weeks is considered full term and the baby is ready to pop any day now! Anyone making bets on the closest to predict when the baby comes? Ooh, maybe we should do a draw!
I stopped working at the end of Sept, rather than the first week of Oct, because i was just not getting enough sleep between the commute time and waking up at night to pee! It's been a pretty relaxing 2 weeks, but I also feel like it's been forever since I stopped working! Combined with B's weird 4 days on, 2 days off schedule, weekends pretty much mean nothing to me, especially since B's days off rotate each week! Last Tues, B had a day off, so we set off for the English coast because i was bugging him about seeing it. Unfortunately, the weather was pretty shitty. We stopped halfway at Wisbech to go to the Elgood's Ales brewery, but they shut the visitor center at the end of September. When we finally got to Hunstanton on the eastern coast of england, it had turned rainy (though more spitting than pouring down, fortunately)!
We're pretty much ready for the baby to come. Most of his clothes are washed, although I bought a few more sleepsuits in 2 different sizes and am waiting for them to arrive before I wash the rest of the clothes we have. Today, we even fit the car seat in the car, although it took about 15 min between the 2 of us to figure out which part of the strap went where! At least we know it fits and vaguely how it fits! haha Luckily we're trying to stay busy so it doesn't feel like we're just waiting for the baby to arrive. B and I are going to this cool art installation and pop-up restaurant under the Old Vic tunnels in London tomorrow - the theme of the art installation is the Minotaur and the guest chefs all have a Michelin star! Then we've got Trafalgar Night at the Mess on Thurs, most likely the last event we'll be able to attend for a while (at least without having to get a babysitter!!!). Some of bobbie's friend's from college are also coming up for the weekend on Fri-Sat and we've got B's cousin's baby's baptism on Sunday in Birmingham! Phew! Let's hope if the baby comes early, it's not until at least the 24th!
Until the baby arrives, we're also sorting out admin. I passed my driving theory test on Fri with flying colors! I was worried about the Hazard Perception part but it all turned out OK in the end! I was going to try to book the behind the wheel test before the baby arrives, but there's at least a 6 week waiting list! Guess I won't be getting any sympathy points for mistakes! haha My spousal visa also expires on the baby's due date and we have a settlement checking appointment in Cambridge on /halloween, which means someone will look over our paperwork to make sure we have everything and then mail it off. I should've called sooner to get an earlier appointment but the lady on the phone said I should be ok with the timing. (Crossing my fingers that it all goes smoothly!)
That's about it for now. With the driving theory test out of the way, I can spend more time watching Sky movies! ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment