Sunday, 30 October 2011

Week 39 - One Week to Go! (Bump Watch Update)

Another 'Bump Watch' List update, as I am now 39 weeks along with only a week to go until my official due date! I don't really have much new to report since my last update 2 weeks ago. I'm obviously feeling really restless and anxious for the baby to arrive but I'm also scared to death of the idea of going into labor! As such, I think I've been psyching myself out and there were a few times I thought I was going into labor but it was just Braxton Hicks contractions! No one can really describe to me what labor feels like, and everyone says that you 'just know' when you're actually in labor! How frustrating!

B and I are in 'nest mode' right now, just continuing to clean the house and get things ready for the baby. We finally moved the dresser that my friend Melissa gave me and put away all the baby clothes. It has a changing table on top, so we put it in our room next to the crib. We also bought a small lamp that's not as bright as the ceiling lamp to reduce disturbances during night time diaper changes and feedings. All in all, everything is pretty much set. We bought a travel cot so the baby would have somewhere to sleep when we go to B's parent's house. It was slightly easier to put together than when we had to figure out how to strap the car seat in the car!

Last weekend, B and I went to his cousin's baby's baptism. It was near Stourport, which is about 2 hours away by car - however, we got there late because the church is in a rural area and the GPS brought us through some tiny country roads and our way was blocked by a tractor! It was nice to see B's extended family because the last time I saw them was Easter 2 years ago. Two of his cousins had babies this year: Kevin had a baby girl named Olivia 4 months ago in Spain and Nicola had a baby boy named George 3 months ago. It was George's baptism that we went to.


Considering how similar B and his cousins look, Olivia and George don't look as similar! Obviously, everyone was asking about our baby, which would make it the 3rd of the year for the family! Crazy times! Bobbie looked terrified carrying George, which was pretty funny.

Forced smile, much? 

Remember the scene in the beginning of 'Mr and Mrs Smith' when someone hands Angelina Jolie a baby and she just holds it out at arms length with a look that said, 'what am I supposed to do with this?' I wish I had gotten a picture of Bobbie holding Olivia because that's the stance and expression he had! Lol He's not bothered because he says he's just scared of breaking other people's children but he'll get plenty of practice with ours! Haha

This weekend, we thought about going to Aylesbury for the beer festival, but there really isn't much point, obviously. Plus, there's the ever ready chance that the baby could come early. It's been a pretty quiet Halloween. I can't remember if we did anything last year. We had some trick-or-treaters come by, but we were completely unprepared and I think we ended up giving away cans of coke... We went to a Halloween-themed pub quiz at the mess last Thursday. I wanted to go as Brangelina, but Bobbie insisted that Halloween is for scary/supernatural costumes, not just 'fancy dress'! So we ended up going as pregnant Bella and Edward Cullen. It was kind of a cop out for me because I was just dressed like an emo teenager! Bobbie put on some of my concealer to make his face paler and put a bit of dark red lipstick on. I thought he really looked like Edward and had the constipated face down!



Tomorrow, we're off to Cambridge to check our paper work to change my visa over to 'indefinite leave to remain'. Fingers crossed everything goes well! Other than that, we've got dinner with friends this week, another midwife appointment, and my parents arrive on Friday! Still trying to stay busy so we don't keep staring at the clock/calendar! I've been sleeping really badly - partly discomfort from my growing belly and partly from anxiety... Here's hoping this week doesn't drag too long, although who's to say the baby will arrive on his due date! Nicola was 3 days overdue and Kevin's gf went into labor on her actual due date (but gave birth the following day). My baby will likely be on Filipino time and come a bit late, but hopefully not too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment